OD YOSEF HAI &
THE LEVY KELATY
The gathering of London’s Sephardi brethren
Home for the Sephardi brethren from the East for over 35 years, Od Yosef Hai is proud of its members representing a whole spectrum of our Sephardi heritage. We welcome all – “Join us on your spiritual journey”.
We are committed to providing a diverse program of learning for the all those in the community and beyond. We hope to provide you with inspiration, helping you to engage in Torah learning on a regular basis, bringing the Torah alive to you, so that you can incorporate the beauty of the Torah into your every day life. Whether you are married, single, male or female, please feel free to contact us for more details of how you, your friends or members of your family can become more involved with the Od Yosef Hai warm and welcoming Community.
- Bookings are now open for this year’s Purim Seuda Carnival on Sunday, 24th March. Take advantage of the early bird & OYH member prices if you book by 7th March. Click on the following booking link, http://www.OdYosefHai.com/Purim
- Mazal Tov to our Gubbay & long-standing member of OYH, Silas Raymond, who celebrated his 60th Birthday on Thursday, 22nd February.
- Mazal Tov to Sara & David Ben-Shushan on the birth of a baby girl on Shabbat, 17th February. Mazal Tov also to the Grandparents, Rosie & Avraham Ben-Shushan & Frida Hassbani.
- Mazal Tov to Ariella Moses & Ariel Chazan on their Engagement. Mazal Tov to the Parents, Richard & Samantha Moses and Marcos & Caline Chazan. Mazal Tov also to the Grandparents, Maurice & Mozelle Moses, Abe & Rachel Jacob, Vicky Chazan, Freddy & Muriel Salem.
- Mazal Tov to Natasha Aminoff & Yonathan Behar on their Engagement. Mazal Tov also to the Parents, Gina & Michael Aminoff and Debbie & Nachman Behar. Mazal Tov also to the Grandparents, Sara Aminoff, Sara Rosa Behar, Rav Yashar & Aida Saada Levy.
- Mazal Tov to Yosef Eliyahu & Nicole Burley on their wedding that took place on Sunday, 11th February. Mazal Tov to both families.
- Baruch Dayan Emet: We were saddened to hear of the passing of Shlomo Clif Z”L (Shlomo ben David) on Friday, 19th January, Shlomo was the husband of Anita Clif and Father of David, Rami, Dafna, Natalie, Nicole & Sarah. The funeral is taking place in Israel on Monday, 22nd January. We wish the whole family a long life and may they all only hear good news in the future.
- Mazal Tov to David Abraham & Baila Kirschenbaum on their Engagement. Mazal Tov also to the parents, Anne & Edmond Abraham and Channi & Yaakov Kirschenbaum. Mazal Tov also to grandmother, Jessie Abraham.
- There is a new Shabbat morning learning programme every Shabbat in the merit of our fallen Israeli soldiers before Shacharit from 8.00 to 8.30 am. You can bring a Chavruta! Hot drinks will be served. For more information, or to be be paired with a Chavruta, please contact David Japheth on 07958 956737.
- A Climb to Base Camp at Mount Everest in Nepal by Nissim Nissim & Monty Sassoon has had to be to be delayed and is now due to take place in May or October 2024. Nissim & Monty will be attempting to raise money for much needed work at Od Yosef Hai. All donations will go straight to the synagogue. No flights or climbing costs will be deducted from any donations received. Please help them to raise as much money as possible. Every donation will be gratefully appreciated regardless of the amount. Click here to donate. https://gofund.me/97d77cad
- A new app has been released which has all the up-to-date weekday prayer times for synagogues in Hendon. OYH is a proud part of this project which means that all you have to do is download the app or visit the website – Minyan Maven – and you can check the prayer times for that week with ease. https://onelink.to/j4t2kp
- OYH are really pleased to announce that the shul has started a new project entitled “the OYH Chesed Team” and this is being led by Darren Ezekiel and Briana Simon. Basically, the shul is looking for volunteers who can help with various Chesed OYH Community projects such as visiting sick and lonely people, helping the elderly with transport and shopping, organising food rotas for new mothers and welcoming new families in the community. If you would like to volunteer to help or if you know anyone in our community who you think may need help, please contact Darren or Briana.
- The *OYH Children’s Service* takes place every Shabbat every week at 9:45am. It is proving to be very successful. Every week, there are 20-30 children attending the Children’s Service. We encourage you to send your children *ages 4-11*, and we hope this will also provide an opportunity for more women to come back to shul! The service is well structured and run by Ariella Moses, Talya Ivgi and Shira Raymond. For sponsorship opportunities please contact Darren Ezekiel on 07974 870661.
- If any congregant would like a special occasion such as a special Birthday, Birth, Engagement, Wedding, Barmitzvah, Batmitzvah etc to be announced on Shabbat during the Musaf Service, please send details of the special occasion to David Albert, preferably by the Thursday prior to Shabbat, either by text on 07988 792716 or by e-mail to email@example.com